The Afeka Center for Language Processing (ACLP) is part of the Afeka Academic College of Engineering and is a unique research, development and instruction laboratory located in Israel and specifically dedicated to the field of language processing. The ACLP combines academic knowledge and industry experience to fulfill its vision of promoting an on-going dialogue between the academia and the industry and cultivating innovative solutions for the expanding needs of the field.
- Grant-funded research in various aspects of speech and text processing
- Joint R&D projects with the industry
- Consulting services to corporate, government and consumer industries
- Specialized courses for language processing professionals
- Graduation project opportunities for final year students at Afeka
- An annual Speech Processing Conference
The ACLP was founded by Prof. Ami Moyal and Dr. Vered Aharonson. Prof. Moyal recently appointed President of Afeka College, he was previously CEO of NSC and has over 20 years of experience in the field of Speech Recognition. The center is currently headed by Dr. Irit Opher who spent 15 years working in Israel's Speech Recognition Industry, including over 9 years managing the Cyber & Intelligence division research team at Nice Systems. The ACLP research team is a multi-disciplinary team consisting of specialists in text processing, emotion detection, speaker verification & diarization; linguists, signal processing & speech recognition engineers and Afeka students.
The ACLP provides research, development and consulting services for industry clients that are either already in or are looking to enter the Speech Processing arena.